Monday 31 January 2011

The Thankful Heart

View Image
 
A friend told me today that gratitude makes you feel better.

I'm not so sure but I'm going to give it a go, she says 250 thank yous every morning when she gets up, she wrote them all down and now has them all recorded on to her MP3 player so it plays in her ear while she washes.

What a strange yet appealing idea.

She starts with "thank you that I'm awake", to which i replied "what if you didn't want to wake up?" "say it anyway" she said, then thank you for the day, the weather (whatever it may be doing) and then move on to food, clothes, being able to drive, the house, family and she finishes off thanking for her new friends (me).

She is not thanking anyone in particular but just thanking the world for the day and what it may bring, she has found it good for setting herself up for a day with a thankful heart and a smile on her face.

I think i may start this habit sooner rather than later - i am not convinced it will work but..........watch this space i guess !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Three months without a single down day, no bugs in my ears telling me the world is crap. I can look at each day with excitement for what it may bring, instead of dread that things could get worse. I have thrown away negative thoughts and turn everything positive. Don't forget to tell yourself you WILL have a wonderful day, and even if it does not go quite the way you hope, consentrate on what you have achieved. And don't forget to forgive yourself if you make a mistake, you are only human after all. See you tomorrow. C xx

    ReplyDelete