Friday 7 January 2011

Unfair

View Image

"Who says life is fair, where is that written?" - William Goldman (The Princess Bride)
Life is not fair !  I know that but all the same i hate that !  People leave, friends lie, relations die, relationships fail, bosses sack you, money runs out, pipes burst, cars crash and nature kills. I know that but all the same i hate it - really hate it !

I am feeling that life is unfair this evening.  I have had a good day, a good week, life is pretty OK right now.  I told you - my moods change quickly and without warning.
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." - Colin Powell 

Magic is an illusion, life is too to a certain extent.  It only works with a slight of hand and some clever working, manipulation and seeing through the smoke.  Maybe that's a little cynical, sorry.  Sometimes people seem to get all the good stuff for doing nothing and others do so much hard work with lots of determination and dripping in sweat yet get nothing.

And then there are the mistakes and decisions we make but cant change, time does not go back wards and words can not be taken back, or inserted where they were missed !!

I have a friend who says that when the cards dealt are hard to deal then toss them up in the air and say f**k em all.  It makes him feel stronger - that's what I'm saying tonight.
"tomorrow is another day" - Scarlett O'Hara

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the ones who think are not getting anything at looking at life from the wrong end of the telescope? The hard working people may seem to have "nothing" but if they look again, they are blessed with something - like their wonderful children... not material things. I have always said to my children that life is NOT fair, so don't expect it to be. You have to make your own happiness. Sift through the 'unfairness' and find the little gems.

    ReplyDelete