Saturday 22 January 2011

Rocking chair

View Image


Saw a rocking chair in a second had shop yesterday that i completely fell in love with.  After mentioning it and its very reasonable price to the old man we went back this morning to get it.  I talked about it all the way there and could barely conceal my excitement as we rounded the corner to the shop entrance.  There it was, not where i left it though.  Now it was on the pavement outside in front of a woman who was smoking.  I pointed and said "that's my chair" as i stood routed to the spot.  The woman then calmly picked up "my" chair and walked off.  I watched it go - devastated.  I wandered around the shop hoping it was not the one and only of its type - but it was, i could have cried.

Have found one similar on eBay now and am waiting to see if i can buy that one - there is always another chance i guess !!!

BTW, i did get a small Buddha figure that i have been wanting for a while.  Will keep you posted about the chair.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! How awful: I know the feeling! Have also missed out on something I set my heart on, because I didn't get it when I saw it. Hope you do get your chair. Glad you got a Buddha.
    x

    ReplyDelete